Friday, January 20, 2012

Oxygen from Psalm 18:1-6 (Stronghold)

 1 I will love you, LORD;    
      you are my strength. 
 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; 
      my God is my high cliff, in whom I find protection. 
   He is my shield, the power that saves me, 
      and my place of safety. 
 3 I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, 
      and I am saved me from my enemies.

 4 The ropes of death entangled me; 
      floods of Belial (the Destroyer) terrified me. 
 5 The grave wrapped its ropes around me; 
      death laid a trap in my path. 
 6 But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; 
      yes, I prayed to my God for help. 
   He heard me from his sanctuary; 
      my cry to him reached his ears.

(Psalm 18:1-6)

God Our Rock:

Your people shout our love for You
and listening, trace back ancient echoes,
down sheer canyon walls of praise:
God, our rock, our fortress tower,
our Deliverer and awesome Power.

What joy explodes on mind and soul
when I cease to run from You,
and turn and find You, truest Friend,
leading upward to faith's fortress.

Strongest citadel, mountain aerie,
Shelter me within Your sanctuary
Help me find the sinner's refuge,
out-running wraiths of death

that would bind me in their chains,
while I, frantic for Your grace, 
lay hold of Bema's golden seat
and crying, spent, find mercy there.

We pray for those in distress,
who face loss and uncertainness.
We intercede for those who mourn,
whose hearts and homes and hopes are torn
by fury or by apathy,
both arch enemies of Your love.

We pray for those far away
We miss them more than words can say.
Protect them so they may receive
all the blessings for belief.
May those who suffer from any sickness,
know the height and depth and thickness
of Your towering strength and freedom.
Be their strength and in peace lead them.

Belial, the Great Destroyer,
has been beaten by our Christ;
and the Deceiver who would entrap us,
in cords of death bind and wrap us,
is bound himself, thrown in the Pit,
and from the safety of God's stronghold,
we await the promised day 
God's Messiah splits the skies
and we are wrapped in Heaven's rapture .

Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so far behind on reading these, but this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete